Report of the Official Unveiling of New Office
DATE: Friday, October 29, 2021
TIME: 10 am
VENUE: The venue was the office space, located at Suite 307A, 3rd Floor, Anbeez Plaza, No. 16, Ndola Square, Opposite Corporate Affairs Commission, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
OPENING: The brief unveiling ceremony commenced at about 10.20am with a welcome remark by the Host, Prof. Sam Smah. He informed the dignitaries that the office space is housing two organisations, namely, Afrigate Forensic Consults & Training Ltd and Migration Study Centre Ltd/Gte. The two entities will also share the space with a charity organisation, Hilltop Redemption Centre, INC. The host informed guests that he was delighted to have them participate in this activity. He thanked them for finding the time to grace the occasion.
RESPONSE BY THE SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOUR/CUTTING OF THE TAPE: In a brief remark before cutting the tape, Prof. Olu Ogunsakin, the Director-General of the National Institute of Police Studies (NIPS), informed the audience that he was particularly encouraged by the brave, courageous and foresighted decision of his brother and friend to open the office. He thanked everyone for supporting him. He informed the guests that having an office space outside of one’s home was ideal and prayed that great work would be done there, and that people with great ideas should locate the place and produce good results. He then cut the tape to declare the office open.
BRIEF TOUR OF THE FACILITY: The Host, who is also the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the companies, Prof. Sam Smah briskly led the guests on a brief tour of the facility.
A SHORT INTERACTION: Before concluding the ceremony, guests were received at the Enterprise Room by the Special Guest of Honour. He advised the Management of the companies to be available for wide consultations, negotiations and contacts with professional bodies, agencies, and organisations to achieve their dream setting up the place. He informed them that he was personally available for any form of partnership that will drive the vision of the companies. Other guests took turns to admonish the managers of the companies on how to succeed and pitfalls to avoid.
GOODWILL MESSAGES: Goodwill messages were received from personalities from different works of life, professional organisations, and agencies around the world. Goodwill messages were received from the following personalities:
- Damilola, President, International Academy of Forensics (IAF) & Vice-President (Africa) International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals (IICFIP), INC (USA)
- Isa Salifu, Regional Manager (North), Ecobank Nig. PLC
- John Ogunwale, University College of the North, The Pas, Winnipeg, Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
- Matthias Esene, International Centre for Migration Policy (ICMP)
- Brigadier-General Chima Ekeator, Nigerian Army (NA)
- Elder Elijah Nkosi Smah, NIRSAL
- Musa Tahiru, National Assembly (NASS)
- Stacy Ann Nwodo, Country Director, IICFIP; Lead Consult JJTC Consulting Ltd; Director, Operations & Strategy, IAF Abuja
PHYSICAL ATTENDEES: Personalities who physically graced the event are:
- Olu Ogunsakin, DG, National Institute of Police Studies (NIPS)
- Rev’d. John Kalma, Development Expert, 700 Club International
- Mohammed Tanko Momoh (Protem Programme Manager, Afrigate Forensic Consults & Training)
- Juliet Ealefoh Henry, MD, VividMedia Nig. Ltd
- Musa Babawo, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- John Ndibe
- Deborah H. Smah (Member, BoD, Afrigate Forensic Consults & Training)
- Femi Agbelua, UNODC
- Miss Sarah Asegh (Office Assistant, Afrigate Forensic Consults & Training)
- Linda Ekeator, The World Bank Group
- Sam Smah, Afrigate Forensic Consults & Training & Migration Study Centre
- Miss Joy Umenze, Anbeez Properties Ltd
CLOSING: The ceremony was declared closed by the Special Guest of Honour, Prof. Olu Ogunsakin. A short prayer for the success of the companies was said by Rev’d. John Kalma. Guests departed the venue of the event by 11.38am.